Are you having leaky faucets or burst pipes? It is vital to get these issues repaired as soon as possible before they can cause even more damage to your property. These problems may turn into clogged drains and broken sewer lines.
While sewer repair may cost thousands of dollars, the property damage and replacements may be even more expensive. This cost may be a burden for your pocket because sewer line repairs are not covered in most home insurance policies.
In this article, we will run you through your options for sewer repair and the advantages of trenchless sewer repair.
What Are Your Options?
Sewer lines are built sturdy and typically last for years. However, if you have older sewer lines, they may get worn down with age. This is where sewer line repair comes in.
There are typically two options for sewer line repairs you can choose from.
- Traditional Excavation: This is the conventional labor-intensive and time-consuming method. It involves digging up a trench to get to the pipe that needs to be repaired or replaced. After the repair or replacement is done, the line is reburied.
This process can take several days and may require destroying the landscaping in the area before doing the repairs.
- Trenchless Repair: This is the newer, faster, and less expensive method of sewer line repairs. Instead of excavating the area to look for the pipe that needs repair, this technique uses technology to find the pipe and line it.
This method is minimally invasive and faster as it avoids excavation.
Benefits of Trenchless Repairs
There are numerous benefits of trenchless sewer replacement. They include:
- Preserving the Landscaping: Your piping may be buried under expensive landscaping or a pristine yard. Traditional sewer repairs involve tearing up the ground and moving all the dirt out of the area. This can leave an unsightly hole in the ground that can take time to repair. Trenchless sewer repair preserves the landscaping and doesn’t leave a hole in the ground.
- Cost and Time Efficiency: Trenchless sewer repair involves less labor and lowered costs. You have fewer people to pay and save up on landscaping repair. It can also be done within a day as no digging and burying are necessary.
- Lasting Results: In trenchless sewer repairs, they add a cured-in-place liner and seamless PVC piping. These are long-lasting solutions that don’t suffer from rust or corrosion. They can last for up to 100 years.
- Improved Flow Capacity: Pipeliners can improve the flow capacity of your pipe. They may be larger than your previous pipes and accommodate more water.
Protecting Your Sewer Lines
Sewer lines are vital to your home. They are responsible for transporting waste out of your house. They also ensure that your property is protected from water damages.
There are several actions you can take to protect your sewer lines. These include:
- Regularly inspecting and maintaining your pipes
- Looking out for invasive tree roots that can break and clog your pipes
- Not flushing feminine hygiene products, wipes, and diapers down your toilet
- Having a mesh drain strainer or basket to protect your drains
Leaks, burst pipes, and clogged drains are all signs of sewer problems. This will only get worse if left unrepaired. It is essential to have these problems fixed as soon as possible to avoid further damage to your property.
If you want to avoid the headache, get in touch with a local trenchless sewer repair and replacement company. If you are looking for trenchless sewer replacement in Sherman Oaks, you can contact Candu Plumbing & Rooter. We offer top-quality plumbing services 24/7—book your repair today!